- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter (at room temperature) , for greasing
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 300 g cherries
- icing sugar , for dusting
- 60 g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 60 g sugar
- 300 ml milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Mix all the batter ingredients with a pinch of sea salt in a blender or food processor until totally smooth, then set aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease a 25cm round baking dish with the softened butter, then sprinkle over the sugar.
- Dot the cherries (stoned, if you prefer) around the base of the dish, then place in the oven for 5 minutes so the fruit can begin to soften.
- Remove the dish from the oven and pour over the batter until the cherries are just covered. Return to the oven to bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
- Dust the clafoutis with icing sugar and serve lukewarm.
Source: Jamie Oliver