“The light, lemony yoghurt dressing makes this simple, tasty salmon salad perfect for summer ”
- 800 g Jersey Royals , scrubbed clean
- 200 ml natural yoghurt
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ a cucumber
- ½ a bunch fennel tops
- ½ a bunch fresh basil , (15g)
- 400 g hot smoked salmon , from sustainable sources, ask your fishmonger
- Cut any large potatoes in half. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the potatoes. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until nicely cooked.
- Meanwhile, make your dressing by mixing the yoghurt with the lemon zest and juice, a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper and a lug of extra virgin olive oil.
- Drain the potatoes well, tip into a mixing bowl and season immediately with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a little olive oil and, after 5 minutes, stir in most of the dressing. Leave the potatoes to cool.
- Peel and halve the cucumber lengthways, remove the seeds and cut into ½cm slices. Roughly chop the fennel.
- Add the cucumber and fennel to the potatoes, pick in the basil leaves and mix well.
- Divide the salad evenly between four plates and flake over the salmon. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
Make sure you season the potatoes while they’re still hot – they’ll absorb more flavour.
Source: Jamie Oliver