“Wraps are real comfort food, and filled with juicy steak and guacamole, they’re a total joy. ”
- 1 large handful of shiitake mushrooms , optional
- 560 g piece of rib-eye steak , fat removed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1-2 fresh red chillies , optional
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 pinches of ground cumin
- 2 spring onions , trimmed and sliced
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 lime
- To make the guacamole, peel and destone the avocados, then place in a food processor.
- Halve and add the tomatoes, peel, finely slice and add the garlic, then trim, finely slice and add the spring onions.
- Sprinkle in the cumin, pick in most of the coriander leaves, then pulse to a chunky consistency, and scoop into a bowl.
- Add a good squeeze of lime juice to the bowl, then taste and season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper. Drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil, then put aside.
- Place a griddle pan over a high heat. Thickly slice the mushrooms (if using), then grill until golden and nutty, then remove and keep warm until needed.
- Season the steak well with salt, pepper, oregano and paprika, then bash with the bottom of a heavy pan to flatten slightly.
- Rub the steak with a little olive oil, then cook on the hot griddle for 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking, turning every minute. Remove to a plate to rest.
- Lay the tortillas out flat on a clean work surface, then spread over a little guacamole.
- Slice the steaks into thin strips, then divide between the tortillas with the mushrooms (if using). Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and the resting juices.
- Top with a dollop of yoghurt, the remaining coriander leaves and some finely sliced red chillies (if using), then wrap up. Serve with the lime wedges on the side for squeezing over.
Source: Jamie Oliver