“This classic dessert has the wow factor of a soufflé, without the faff. Best made individually. ”
- 2 apricots
- 1 tablespoon orange-blossom honey
- 1 large free-range egg
- ½ tablespoon vanilla sugar
- ½ tablespoon butter
- icing sugar
- ½ tablespoon hazelnuts
- Halve the apricots, then place in a saucepan with the honey and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cover and cook until soft but still holding their shape.
- Preheat the grill to high. Separate the egg yolk from the white.
- Add the vanilla sugar and 2 tablespoons of water to the yolks, then whisk until thick and creamy.
- Using a clean whisk, beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the yolk mixture with a metal spoon.
- Melt the butter in a 20cm omelette pan, tipping it around the pan to cover the surface. Pour in the egg mixture and cook over a medium heat until the omelette is golden brown and set on the underside.
- Place under the grill to cook until the top is set.
- Run a spatula under the omelette to loosen it, then make an indentation across the middle. Spoon over the apricots, then gently fold over one half of the omelette.
- Tip onto a plate, dust with icing sugar, chop and scatter over the hazelnuts and serve immediately.
Source: Jamie Oliver