- 250 g ready-made fruit mincemeat
- 1 eating apple
- 1/2 orange
- 2 packets of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 splash of milk
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Empty the mincemeat into a bowl, then coarsely grate and add the apple and finely grate in the orange zest.
- Lay out the pastry, and using an 8cm pastry cutter, cut out circles and place in a 12-hole shallow tart tin.
- Fill each pastry circle with a tablespoon of the fruit mince mixture.
- Using a table knife or star pastry cutter, cut out stars for the tops and place on top of the mince mixture.
- Whisk the egg and milk and brush onto stars, then bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until puffed up and golden.
Source: Jamie Oliver