“Also known as German pancakes, these oven-baked delights puff up like sweet Yorkshire puddings. ”
- 20 g butter
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 100 ml single cream
- 120 ml milk
- 125 ml plain flour
- 30 g golden caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ROASTED PLUMS
- 3 plums
- ½ orange
- 2 tablespoons golden caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6 and insert a baking sheet to heat up.
- Start by roasting the plums. Halve, destone and slice them into wedges, then put them in a baking tin.
- Squeeze over the orange juice, sprinkle over the sugar and toss until the fruit is coated.
- Pop the plums in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, or until soft but still holding their shape. Set aside.
- Divide the butter between two 15cm iron frying pans, and melt it over a low heat until it turns a nutty brown colour.
- Meanwhile, make the pancake batter by whisking the eggs, cream, milk and flour in a jug, until completely smooth.
- Divide the batter between the two frying pans, then place them in the oven on the preheated baking sheet. Cook for 20 minutes, or until golden and puffed.
- Remove from the oven. Combine the sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle on top, then serve with a few roasted plums on top.
Source: Jamie Oliver