“Try this Christmas time saver – pick up a good jar of ready-made cranberry sauce and pimp it up with buttery apples and toasted cinnamon. It takes no time at all but delivers massive flavour! ”
- 1 eating apple
- 1 knob of unsalted butter
- 1 fresh bay leaf , optional
- 1 cinnamon stick , or 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 x 250 g jar of quality cranberry sauce
- Peel, core and chop the apple into 1cm cubes.
- Place a pan on a medium heat with the butter, cinnamon and bay (if using). Cook for just 30 to 40 seconds, or until the cinnamon starts to catch and burn – this will bring out all those lovely, toasty flavours.
- Stir in the apple and a swig of water, shake well to coat in the butter and leave to soften for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the cranberry sauce and warm through, letting all the flavours mingle, then pour into a bowl and serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver