“A lovely gooey baked Camembert with loads of crusty bread for dipping is always a winner ”
- 250 g Camembert
- 1 clove garlic
- a few tips fresh rosemary
- olive oil
- bite-sized pieces bread , stale
- a few sprigs rosemary
- olive oil
- 1 tiny pinch sea salt
- 1 small handful dried cranberries
- 1 small handful mixed nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Leaving it in the box, score around the top of a 250g Camembert about ½cm in and cut off the top layer of skin. Finely slice a peeled garlic clove and poke it into the top of the cheese with a few fresh rosemary tips. Drizzle with a little olive oil then bake in the hot oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until gorgeous and oozy in the middle.
- Thread bite-sized pieces of stale bread onto stripped woody rosemary sprigs, drizzle them with olive oil and a tiny pinch of sea salt to help them crisp up then lay them on a tray and pop in the oven to cook with the Camembert.
- Finely chop a small handful of dried cranberries and mixed nuts and put them in a little bowl. Once your bread skewers are golden and crisp and your cheese is oozy, put everything out on a board then dunk a bit of toasted bread in the gooey cheese and dip it in the cranberry and nuts – a little mouthful of 1980s heaven.
Source: Jamie Oliver