- 2 red onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3-4 long fresh red chillies
- olive oil
- 500 g fresh cranberries
- 150 g sugar
- 40 ml red wine vinegar
- Peel and finely slice the onions, peel and finely chop the garlic, then deseed and finely slice the chillies.
- Place the onions, garlic and chillies in a large pan over a low heat with a little oil and sweat down for 8 to 10 minutes, or until soft but not coloured.
- Add the cranberries, sugar, vinegar and 50ml of water.
- Simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the berries are soft and breaking down but still just holding their shape.
- Gently mash a little and cook for a further 15 minutes, or until thickened and jammy.
- Season with sea salt, black pepper and a drizzle of oil, then allow to cool.
- Spoon into sterilised jars and tuck in when it’s cooled. It keeps for 1 week.
Source: Jamie Oliver