- 600 g mussels , scrubbed, debearded, from sustainable sources
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh chives , (30g)
- 250 ml Cornish cider
- 50 g clotted cream
- Check the mussels – if any are open, give them a tap and they should close; if they don’t, discard them.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic. Finely chop the chives.
- Put a large deep pan on a high heat. Pour in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then add the garlic and most of the chives, followed 1 minute later by the cider.
- Bring to a fast boil, then add the mussels and clotted cream, cover and leave for 3 to 4 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally.
- When all the mussels have opened and are soft and juicy, they’re ready. If any remain closed, discard them.
- Taste the sauce, season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper, then dish up and sprinkle over the remaining chives before tucking in.
Source: Jamie Oliver