- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ a bunch of fresh sage , (15g)
- 350 g ripe mixed-colour cherry tomatoes
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 40 g Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Peel and very finely slice the garlic. Pick the sage leaves. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Peel the mushrooms, reserving the peel. Place it all (peel included) in a 25cm x 30cm roasting tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and red wine vinegar. Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and toss together.
- Pick out 12 perfect garlic slices and sage leaves for later, and sit the mushrooms stalk side up on the top. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, crumble the cheese into the mushroom cups and sprinkle over the reserved garlic and sage.
- Return to the oven for 15 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and everything’s golden, then dish up.
EASY SWAPS: Support our British cheeses – swap Mrs Kirkham’s Lancashire into this recipe in place of the Cheddar. Mrs Kirkham’s is one of the best cheeses around for melting – sprinkle on top of a baked gratin dish like this to take it to the next level!
Source: Jamie Oliver