- 200 g fresh podded or frozen broad beans
- 30 g whole almonds
- 1 x 480 g jar of roasted red peppers , in brine
- ½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley , (15g)
- 30 g Manchego cheese
- Boil the beans in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes, then drain and pinch the skins off any larger beans.
- Toast the almonds in a dry griddle pan on a medium heat until lightly golden, tossing regularly, then remove and finely slice.
- Drain the peppers and open out flat, then char on the hot griddle until bar-marked on one side only. Remove and slice 1cm thick.
- Finely slice the parsley stalks, pick the leaves, then toss with the broad beans, peppers, 1½ tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon each of red wine vinegar and brine from the pepper jar.
- Taste, season to perfection with sea salt and black pepper, and divide between your plates.
- Finely shave over the cheese with a speed-peeler, drizzle with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, scatter over the almonds, and serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver