“There are three months in the UK when our tomatoes are truly delicious, so please go crazy and use them as often as you can. ”
- 1 lemon
- 400 g ripe mixed-colour cherry tomatoes
- pistachio of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 60 g unsalted shelled pistachios
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 4 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pinch of crushed dried red chilli
- 20 g pecorino cheese
- 2 large or 4 small burrata
- Finely grate the lemon zest. Halve the cherry tomatoes and add to a bowl with a pinch of the zest and a drizzle of oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- For the pesto, peel the garlic and place in a food processor with the pistachios and blend until roughly chopped.
- Pick in the mint and parsley leaves, then add 125ml of oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and the dried chilli. Blitz until combined.
- Spoon into a bowl, finely grate in the pecorino and season to taste.
- Divide the tomatoes and burrata between plates, spoon the pesto over the burrata and drizzle with oil.
- Delicious served with toasted sourdough, and a pinch of micro salad leaves.
Source: Jamie Oliver