“If you love fragrant, spicy flavours, this amazing beef and pak choi noodle recipe is for you ”
- 75 g thin rice noodles
- 115 g quality beef sirloin
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt
- ½ red onion , finely sliced
- 1 thumb-sized piece fresh ginger , peeled and finely sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli , deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 small handful shiitake and oyster mushrooms , brushed clean and torn up
- 200 ml organic chicken stock
- 1 pak choi , quartered
- Boil the kettle and soak the noodles in the boiling water according to the packet instructions. Meanwhile, rub the beef with olive oil, sprinkle with the cumin and a small pinch of salt and rub all over.
- Place in a really hot frying pan and sear on all sides. Add the onion, ginger and chilli and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the mushrooms, stock and pak choi.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the pan. Stir around, and correct the seasoning. Slice up the beef and serve the noodles and pak choi in a big bowl, with the beef slices on top. Pour over the broth from the pan.
Source: Jamie Oliver