- 6 ripe peaches
- 1 good splash of brandy
- 1 orange
- 1 vanilla pod
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 handful of Italian biscotti
- crème fraîche
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Halve and destone the peaches, then place in a snug-fitting baking dish, drizzle with the brandy, grate over some orange zest and squeeze in a little orange juice.
Halve the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape out the seeds and add to a bowl with the sugar, then mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the peaches, then add the bay leaves and vanilla pod to the dish and gently toss everything together.
- Arrange the peaches in a single layer, cut-side up. Place the dish under the grill for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the fruit is golden and the juices bubbling.
- Smash the biscotti and sprinkle on top, then serve with crème fraîche.
Source: Jamie Oliver