- 2 red onions
- 2 small pinches of saffron
- 4 heaped tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 300 g white basmati rice
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Peel and finely chop the red onions.
- Place a 25cm x 30cm roasting tray on a high heat on the hob, pour in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add the onions and fry for 4 minutes, or until soft and sweet, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, place half the saffron in 600ml of boiling kettle water. In a bowl, cover the remaining saffron with 1 tablespoon of boiling water, steep for 10 seconds, then mix with the yoghurt and put aside.
- Stir the tomato paste, rice and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper into the onion tray, then pour in the saffron water and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, carefully transfer to the oven for 15 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid, fluffed up beautifully and is golden and crisp on top.
- Spoon the saffron yoghurt over the rice, drizzle it all with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, fork and mix it all together, and dish up.
Source: Jamie Oliver