“Inspired by the beauty that is Chinese-style fried rice, this little number has just five ingredients and can be on the table in 10 minutes flat. Using chilli jam is a quick and easy way to inject a bit of heat, sweetness and sharpness. I’ve also added silken tofu, which is not only delicious, but a great source of protein. ”
- 6 spring onions
- 1 x 250 g sachet of cooked brown basmati rice
- 2 heaped teaspoons chilli jam
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 150 g firm silken tofu
- Put a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat.
- Trim and finely slice the spring onions and fry with 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, chilli jam, a splash of water and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then toss for 2 minutes until everything is well coated.
- Push the rice to the sides of the pan, making a big well in the middle. Crack the eggs into the well, then use a rubber spatula to start gently moving the eggs around to create big curds.
- Break in the tofu, then fold the rice back through the egg until it’s all looking good. Taste and season to perfection.
- Lightly oil the inside of a bowl, add the stir-fried rice, gently compacting it with the spatula, then proudly turn out on to a plate.
Source: Jamie Oliver