“Don’t be afraid to toast the oats until really golden as this gives the granola a more caramelised flavour. ”
- 8 tablespoons honey
- 75 g skin-on almonds
- 300 g rolled oats
- 40 g sunflower seeds
- 40 g pumpkin seeds
- 30 g desiccated coconut
- 50 g dates
- 50 g dried sour cherries
- 50 g dried apricots
- 50 g dried peaches
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC/300ºF/gas 2 and warm the honey through in a saucepan.
- Chop up the almonds then spread over a large baking tray with the oats, seeds and coconut.
- Pour over the warm honey and mix with a spoon, then pop in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Meanwhile, destone the dates and chop up with the rest of the fruit.
- After 20 minutes, add all the fruit, stir once (try not to touch again until it is cool) and put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes. It should be clumping together nicely.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before breaking it up and storing in jars or airtight containers for up to 1 month. Serve with yoghurt and fresh or poached seasonal fruit.
Source: Jamie Oliver