- 160 g gram (chickpea) flour
- olive oil
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 220 g broccoli
- 1 lemon
- 100 g goat’s cheese
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, 2 tablespoons of oil, 200ml of water and a pinch of sea salt. Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions and garlic, keeping them separate. Trim the broccoli, then slice into 3cm pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
- Add the broccoli and garlic and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, or until the veg is tender and the onion caramelises.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon zest and juice and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Ladle in the batter for four pancakes (roughly 8-10cm each).
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbles appear, then flip and cook for 2 more minutes, or until golden. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Crumble the goat’s cheese, shave the Parmesan, then pick and chop the parsley leaves.
- To serve, top the pancakes with the broccoli, goat’s cheese, parmesan and parsley.
Source: Jamie Oliver