“A super-simple dessert – top with beautifully ripe mango and you’re in for a real treat! ”
- 400 g sushi rice or Thai sticky rice
- 1 x 400 ml tin of coconut milk
- 100 g palm sugar or brown sugar
- 2 large ripe mangos
- Soak the rice in cold water and leave overnight.
- The next day, rinse and drain the rice, repeating until the water runs clear.
- Place it in a pan, cover with cold water and pop on the lid. Bring to a rolling boil, then simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
- In another pan, stir the coconut milk, sugar and ¼ teaspoon of salt over a medium heat. Bring it to the boil, then take off the heat.
- Pour half over the rice and leave to absorb for about 2 minutes, or until the rice is soft. Pour the rest into a bowl. Chill both in the fridge.
- Fold the coconut milk through the rice, then peel, destone and cut the mango into wedges. Serve with the sticky rice.
Source: Jamie Oliver