- a few fresh bay leaves
- ½ a bunch of fresh oregano
- 8 figs
- a few rounds of ricotta or other round cheeses, such as camembert
- 1 orange
- extra virgin olive oil
- runny honey
- a few garlic cloves
- a large handful of rocket
- a few sprigs of fresh mint
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Place the bay in a roasting tray, pick over the oregano and sit the ricotta on top. Season generously.
- Halve and scatter the figs around the cheese, finely grate over the orange zest then drizzle everything with oil and honey.
- Rub the flavours into the cheese with your hands, then scatter over the remaining oregano, then roast for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and firm.
- Slice up the ciabatta, then peel and halve the garlic cloves. Preheat a griddle pan and griddle thin slices of ciabatta. Rub the toast with the cut side of the garlic. Drizzle with oil and leave to one side.
- Serve the roasted ricotta on a board with a stack of toast, the sticky figs and some rocket and picked fresh mint on the side.
Source: Jamie Oliver