- 1 small butternut squash
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs of sage
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- olive oil
- 1 small loaf of rye bread
- 125 g soft goat’s cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Halve the squash lengthways, remove the seeds and cut into 8 wedges. Place in a roasting tray.
- Smash the garlic and add to the tray, pick in the sage leaves, then add the chilli flakes, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss the wedges well, spread out evenly and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Slice up the bread and toast on a griddle pan for 1 minute on each side. Remove to a board and spread each slice with the peeled, roasted garlic.
- Scoop the squash flesh into a bowl (discard the skins) and lightly mash with a fork. Spread onto the bread slices and top with the cheese, some sage leaves and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Source: Jamie Oliver