- 4 red plums , (300g)
- 4 eating apples , (400g)
- 1 lemon
- flaked almonds , optional
- Greek yogurt
- Halve and destone the plums, then quarter the apples, removing the cores.
- Place a medium pan over a medium heat and fill with 2cm of water, then pop a steamer on top.
- Place the plums and apples into the steamer, squeeze over the lemon juice (watch out for the pips!) and toss to coat – this will stop the apples turning brown. Cover with a lid and steam for 15 to 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Transfer the fruit to a blender (use a hand-held stick blender, if you prefer) or bowl, then either blend to a puree, pulse, mash and/or finely chop depending on the stage your little one is at (for more information on stages of complementary feeding, click here).
- When you’re ready to serve, toast the almonds in a dry frying pan until golden (if using). Place some fruit and yoghurt into a bowl, then sprinkle with the toasted almonds and serve to your little one.
Pour the reserved steaming juices into a jam jar – dilute a small amount with some water for a lovely refreshing drink. Keep it in the fridge until needed.
Source: Jamie Oliver