- olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon crushed chillies
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 6 sausages
- 1½ tablespoons plain flour
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500 ml organic vegetable stock
- 1 large handful of kale
- Peel and slice the onion, then add to a pan with 1 tablespoon of oil. Fry for 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened.
- Peel, finely slice and add the garlic, then peel 3 strips of zest from the lemon. Add to the pan along with the spices and bay leaf. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Chop the sausages and toss with the flour, then add to the pan and cook until browned all over.
- Pour in the tomatoes and stock, and bring to a simmer. Let it bubble away for 20 minutes, chop and add the kale and cook for 5 minutes, then serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver