“Nutty brown sushi rice is the comforting base for a colourful, satisfying bowlful of crisp, zingy, taste-popping flavours. ”
- 200 g brown sushi rice , (see tip)
- 120 g frozen edamame beans , depodded
- 2 sheets nori seaweed , (see tip)
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds , (see tip)
- 1 pomegranate
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander , (15g)
- CITRUS & HONEY DRESSING
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Japanese rice vinegar
- Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold running water to get rid of some of the starch, then place in a pan with a pinch of sea salt and cover with 400ml of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is fully cooked.
- Defrost the edamame beans by putting them in a bowl and covering them with boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Warm a dry frying pan over a medium heat and toast the nori sheets for a few seconds on each side. Leave them to cool, then tear them into strips.
- For the dressing, finely grate the lemon and orange zest into a jug and squeeze in all the juice. Add the remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain well and mix with the dressing and half the sesame seeds.
- Place the rice in 2 bowls and top with piles of edamame, the pomegranate seeds, nori strips, and the remaining sesame seeds. Pick, roughly chop and scatter over the coriander leaves, and enjoy!
You can buy brown sushi rice, nori seaweed sheets and black sesame seeds from sushisushi.co.uk.
Source: Jamie Oliver