“A delicious and nutritious dish. Wild rice is a great alternative to white and is much higher in fibre. ”
- 300 g mixed wild rice
- 2 red onions
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 500 g Brussels sprouts
- 8 radishes
- 1 lemon
- 1 large bunch of mixed soft fresh herbs, such as mint, parsley, basil
- 1 large handful of dried cranberries or raisins
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the wild rice according to the packet instructions, then drain and leave to cool on a large tray.
- Peel the onions, then using a mandolin (or a food processor with a fine slicing attachment), finely slice them. Transfer to a bowl and add the red wine vinegar. Scrunch them together and set aside.
Using a mandolin, shred the sprouts and radishes, then, in a bowl, dress them with the lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt, massaging the flavours into the veg with your hands. Set aside.
- Pick and finely chop the herb leaves and pop them into a large serving bowl. Add the rice, onions and lemony veg as well as the cranberries or raisins, and toss together.
- Drizzle over some oil and season, then stir and serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver