“Juicy watermelon goes so well with salty halloumi and olives in this Greek-style bread salad, and the whole mix is sweetened by the pomegranate and walnut dressing. ”
- 6 slices ciabatta
- 600 g watermelon flesh
- 2 heads of baby gem lettuce
- 2 handfuls of frisée lettuce
- 50 g green or black olives
- 200 g halloumi
- POMEGRANATE DRESSING
- 1 pomegranate
- 30 g walnuts
- 1 tesapoon pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- To make the dressing, halve the pomegranate, squeeze out 2 tablespoons of juice into a bowl, then bash out the seeds from half the fruit.
- Roughly chop and add the walnuts, along with the pomegranate molasses and oil. Combine and set aside.
- Grill or toast the ciabatta, then tear into chunks. Scoop out and cut the watermelon flesh into chunks, discarding the peel.
- Separate the gem lettuce leaves, then toss with the frisée lettuce, ciabatta, watermelon and olives.
- Preheat a griddle or pan. Slice and add the halloumi, then cook on both sides until golden.
- Add to the salad while still warm, drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver