“I make this super-simple breakfast for the kids to eat on the way to school if we’re running out the door, or when we have an early start ”
- 1 eating apple
- 100 g dried fruit , (I tend to use dried blueberries, cherries and raisins)
- 200 g porridge oats
- 1 heaped tablespoon flaxseeds
- 500 ml unsweetened almond milk , or regular milk
- 1 large ripe banana
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 handful of mixed nuts , (or use a handful of my Gorgeous granola for a sweeter pot)
- 2 handfuls of fresh raspberries or blueberries , or a mixture of both
- runny honey , optional
- You will need: 6 portable pots with lids, plus spoons
- Coarsely grate the apple on a box grater, then tip into a bowl. Add the dried fruit (finely chop it first if using larger fruit), porridge oats, flaxseeds and milk, then mix well.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and leave in the fridge overnight to soak and swell.
- In the morning, or when you are ready to assemble the pots, give the soaked muesli a good stir, and divide between your pots. Peel the banana and slice it at an angle.
- Top each pot with some sliced banana, then add a spoon of yoghurt on top (this will stop the banana turning brown in transit). Roughly chop and sprinkle over the nuts, along with the berries.
- Drizzle with a little honey (if using), then pop the lid on – don’t forget to take some spoons!
Start it the night before to save yourself bags of time in the morning.
Source: Jamie Oliver