“Healthier than ice cream… but just as delicious! Choose any flavour you like for a really tasty and refreshing snack – it’s great for keeping the kids happy ”
- 1 ripe banana
- 400 g ripe seasonal fruit, such as mangos, plums, pears, blueberries
- runny honey , to taste
- 500 g natural yoghurt
- 150 g raspberries
- Discard any stalks from all the fruit, and peel, if necessary, then cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Place the chopped fruit onto a tray in one even layer, then pop into the freezer for 2 hours, or until frozen.
- If serving in glasses, rather than ice cream cones, place 6 small glasses in the freezer to get extra cold.
- When you’re ready to go, place the honey and yoghurt into a food processor and blitz to combine.
- Add the frozen fruit to the processor, then blitz again until smooth.
- Remove the glasses from the freezer (if using). Divide the raspberries between the glasses or ice cream cones, then spoon the frozen yoghurt over the top. Serve straight away – keep any leftovers in an airtight container and freeze for another day.
Whenever you have a glut of overripe fruit, chop them up and freeze them in a single layer on a tray ready to blitz into a quick frozen yoghurt another day. Once the fruit is frozen, transfer to freezer bags to save space.
Source: Jamie Oliver