- 1 kg monkfish or cod fillets , deboned and portioned
- 1/2 lemon , juice of
- 1/2 onion , sliced
- 1 1/2 tomatoes , sliced
- 1/2 green pepper , sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper , sliced
- 1/2 red pepper , sliced
- olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of coriander , chopped, plus extra to serve
- 160 ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 500 g cooked rice , to serve
- Recipe by Almir Santos
- Place the fish in a baking dish, season and squeeze over the lemon juice. Pop it in the fridge and marinate for about 10 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, layer up the onion, tomatoes and peppers before finishing with the fish. Drizzle a little olive oil over everything and sprinkle on the coriander. Pop the lid on and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes, until the veg is softened.
- Pour in the coconut cream and a splash of water, but don’t be tempted to stir it. Pop the lid back on and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Sift in the paprika and cook, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes. Scatter over a little extra coriander and serve with rice on the side.
Source: Jamie Oliver