“Get three of your 5-a-day in just one portion of these epic Mexican fish tacos. ”
- 100 g plain wholemeal flour
- 2 ripe kiwi fruit
- 4 spring onions
- 1 fresh jalapeño or green chilli
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander , (30g)
- 2 limes
- Tabasco chipotle sauce
- ¼ of a small red cabbage , (150g)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ an orange
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 2 x 120g fillets of firm white fish, such as haddock, skin on, scaled and pin-boned, from sustainable sources
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- In a bowl, mix the flour and a pinch of sea salt with 60ml of water to form a dough. Knead for a couple of minutes, then put aside.
- Peel the kiwi fruit, cut in half and put into a large dry non-stick frying pan on a medium heat with the green halves of the spring onions and the deseeded chilli.
- Lightly scald it all, turning every now and again, then place in a blender with half the coriander, the juice of 1 lime and a few shakes of chipotle Tabasco. Blitz until smooth, then taste and season to perfection.
- Very finely slice the red cabbage, ideally on a mandolin (use the guard!), scrunch with the remaining coriander leaves and the vinegar and orange juice, then season to perfection.
- To make your tacos, divide the dough into four balls and roll out each one thinly. Cook each through in a non-stick pan for just 1 minute on each side until soft, turning when you see bubbles. Cover with a tea towel to keep warm.
- Slice up the whites of the spring onions. Deseed the pepper and cut into 1cm dice. Slice the fish into 2cm strips, then toss with the spring onion, pepper and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Return the pan you used for your tacos to a high heat and cook the fish mixture for around 4 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and lightly golden.
- Divide the yoghurt, fish and veg between your warm tacos. Serve with the dressed red cabbage, that killer salsa and lime wedges for squeezing over, then devour!
Source: Jamie Oliver