“You can top this pudding with any fresh fruit you like, mashed or whole, and occasionally I add a few small blobs of jam, too. I’ve used unsweetened almond milk here because my kids like the taste of it, but regular milk works just fine, too ”
- 120 g risotto or pudding rice
- 800 ml unsweetened almond milk , or regular milk, plus an extra splash
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or runny honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste , (or you can scrape out the seeds from a vanilla pod, if you have one)
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 1 ripe banana
- Put the rice, milk, 200ml of water, half the maple syrup or honey and the vanilla into a large pan. Give it a good stir, then place the pan on a very low heat. Cook gently for around 45 minutes, or until thick and creamy, stirring regularly. Loosen the rice pudding with an extra splash of milk before serving, if needed. Peel and slice the banana, then serve the rice pudding scattered with the blueberries and banana and the remaining maple syrup or honey drizzled on top.
Tips & tricks: As a treat, I sometimes like to turn this into chocolate rice pudding by adding two tablespoons of quality cocoa powder in with the rest of the ingredients.
As a treat, I sometimes like to turn this into chocolate rice pudding by adding two tablespoons of quality cocoa powder in with the rest of the ingredients.
Source: Jamie Oliver