“This Indian drink is like a mango milkshake and it’s delicious. Great for cooling your tongue when you’ve eaten a few too many chillies! ”
- 6 green cardamom pods , optional
- 2 ripe mangos
- 500 g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 100 g ice cubes
- runny honey , optional
- Crush the cardamom pods in a pestle and mortar (if using) and discard the green husks. Bash the seeds to a fine powder and set aside.
- Cut the juicy flesh off the mangos (the riper they are, the better), leaving the stone in the middle and trimming away all the skin.
- Place the mango flesh and any juices into a blander with the yoghurt, ice cubes, 1 tablespoon of honey and the ground cardamom (if using).
- Blitz until smooth, have a taste, and add a little more honey, if needed. Serve immediately.
Source: Jamie Oliver