“Savoury muffins are amazing things, and this recipe is light and moreish, with that lovely sweet hit from the tomatoes. And gluten-free too! ”
- 150 g whole blanched almonds
- 225 g plain cottage cheese
- 100 g gluten-free flour
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes , (or semi-dried tomatoes), drained
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 75 g Parmesan cheese
- a few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil , (or other light oil)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with a double layer of paper cases.
- Whiz the almonds in a food processor until really fine, then put in a bowl with the cottage cheese, flour, sun-dried tomatoes and baking powder. Grate in most of the Parmesan and pick in most of the thyme leaves.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add with the oil and 1 tablespoon of water. Season then lightly combine.
- Spoon the batter into the cases and grate over the remaining Parmesan and pick over the remaining thyme leaves.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until risen and golden brown. Serve while warm or at room temperature.
It’s easy to whip up these one-bowl wonders for a quick lunch. You could also add chopped chives, spring onions or grated lemon zest.
Source: Jamie Oliver