“Gobble-oink pie is a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen –
create pie perfection for all the family using leftovers from your fridge. ”
- 1 small swede
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 knob of unsalted butter
- 2 carrots
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- 500 g higher-welfare turkey mince (or leftover cooked higher-welfare turkey)
- 50 g higher-welfare ham
- 500 ml organic chicken or vegetable stock
- a few sprigs of fresh sage
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Peel and roughly chop the swede and sweet potatoes, then boil in a pan of water for 20 minutes, or until soft. Drain and leave to steam dry, then mash with butter and set aside.
- Finely chop the carrot and celery, then peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat a lug of oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the carrot, celery, onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the turkey and cook for another 10 minutes (skip this stage if using cooked turkey.)
- Shred in the ham and turkey (if using cooked turkey), then add the stock. Pick in the sage leaves and leave it all to bubble for another 10 minutes.
- Spoon into little ovenproof dishes and top with the mash. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot through and golden.
Source: Jamie Oliver