“A lovely simple salad that’s bursting with colour and flavour. ”
- 2 blood oranges
- 1 pomegranate
- ½ a lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- a few sprigs of fresh mint
- 100 g rocket
- 4 small balls of mozzarella , (125g total)
- 30 g creamy pecorino cheese
- Peel the oranges with a knife, then slice in half horizontally. Slice away any pith and break into chunks.
- Cut the pomegranate in half – watch out, it’s messy! Get a mixing bowl and hold the pomegranate seed-side down above the bowl. Tap the back of the pomegranate with a wooden spoon until all the seeds fall into the bowl, then do the same for the other half. Fill the bowl with water and pick out any white bits that float to the top, then drain away the water.
- Juice the lemon and pour into a clean jam jar, topping up with 3 tablespoons of oil and a pinch of sea salt. Secure the lid and give it a good shake for a quick and easy dressing.
- Pick the mint leaves, then toss in the dressing with the rocket and orange, and place in little piles on plates.
- Tear up the mozzarella and lay onto the salad, sprinkling with coarsely ground black pepper.
- Scatter with some pomegranate seeds, drizzle with a little oil, shave curls of pecorino over the top, and serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver