“The combo of tangy and creamy cheese flavours in this beautiful risotto will knock your socks off ”
- 1 litre organic chicken or vegetable stock , hot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions , peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and finely chopped
- 3 sticks celery , trimmed and finely chopped
- 400 g risotto rice
- 2 glasses dry white wine
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 75 g Appenzeller or Gruyere cheese , roughly chopped
- 75 g Taleggio cheese , roughly chopped
- 1 knob butter
- 40 g Parmesan cheese , freshly grated
- Heat the stock in a pan over a moderate heat. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the onions, garlic and celery, and fry gently for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the rice to the pan and turn up the heat. Cook for a minute or so, stirring constantly, until the rice looks slightly translucent. Add the wine and keep stirring – any alcohol flavours will evaporate.
- Once the wine has been absorbed by the rice, add your first ladle of hot stock and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to a simmer so the rice doesn’t cook too quickly on the outside. Add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next, until the rice is cooked but still holds its shape – this takes about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the Appenzeller and Taleggio. Remove the pan from the heat and season to taste, then beat in the butter and Parmesan. Place a lid on the pan and leave to rest for 2 to 3 minutes – your risotto will get nice and oozy. Enjoy!
Source: Jamie Oliver