“This little twist on good-old rice pudding is creamy, sticky, fresh and fruity – delicious! ”
- SAUCE & TOPPING
- 150 g mixed dried fruit, such as cranberries, sour cherries, blueberries
- 50 ml vodka
- 6 teaspoons crème fraîche
- 150 g fresh redcurrants
- RICE PUDDING
- 300g g pudding rice
- 1.5 litres semi-skimmed milk
- 500 ml single cream
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla pod
- Put the dried fruit and vodka into a large pan with just enough water to cover.
- Place over a medium heat and cook gently for 10 minutes, then add 5 tablespoons of cold water and whiz in a blender until smooth.
- Place the rice, milk, cream, honey and cinnamon in a deep pot. Score the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape the seeds out, adding both to the pot.
- Stir well and bring gently to the boil, then simmer very gently for 30 to 35 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is just cooked and oozy.
- Spoon the cooked rice pudding into a serving dish, swirl the fruit sauce into it and top with crème fraîche. Scatter with fresh redcurrants, then serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver