“Crumbled goat’s cheese, olives and a few slices of fresh chilli give this simple salad real punch ”
- 1 bunch fresh marjoram , leaves picked
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 good handfuls rocket
- 1 bulb fennel , halved and very finely sliced
- 1 handful good-quality black olives
- 1 bunch lemon basil , leaves picked
- ½ lemon , juice of
- 200 g goat’s cheese , crumbled
- 2 fresh red chillies , deseeded and finely sliced
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- Chop the marjoram leaves, or pound them in a pestle and mortar. Put them in a bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of pepper. Rub this mixture all over the goats’ cheese and bake in the preheated oven for around 10 to 15 minutes until nice and golden.
- Toss the rocket, fennel, olives and lemon basil together in a bowl. Dress your salad with around 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and just over half your lemon juice, and season. Divide over four plates and sprinkle over the crumbled goat’s cheese and sliced chilli … fantastic!
Source: Jamie Oliver