“An unbelievably moreish banana loaf that’s super-easy to make. ”
- 175 g dairy-free margarine , (suitable for baking), plus extra for greasing
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 175 g golden caster sugar
- 200 g ground almonds
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/325ºF/gas 5. Grease a 1.5 litre loaf tin with dairy-free margarine and line with greaseproof paper.
- Sieve the flour into a food processor, then add all the remaining ingredients (except the bananas). Blitz well until combined.
- Peel the bananas, roughly mash in a bowl, then add to the food processor. Pulse briefly to combine, then scrape the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Place the tin and bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool slightly in the tin, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy with a drizzle of honey and a few extra slice of banana, if you like.
Source: Jamie Oliver