“This simple antipasti is bursting with flavour and looks beautiful, yet is totally effortless ”
- 8 slices ciabatta bread
- 1 clove garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 balls buffalo mozzarella
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 small handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 lemon , zest of
- This simple antipasti is bursting with flavour and looks beautiful, yet is totally effortless
- Heat a griddle pan until it’s really smoking hot, then griddle each slice of ciabatta for a couple of minutes on each side until they are nicely charred.
- Cut the garlic clove in half, rub each ciabatta slice with garlic and drizzle with a little olive oil. Tear the mozzarella evenly over the 8 crostini. Season well with salt and pepper, sprinkle over the sliced chilli and basil leaves and grate over the lemon zest. Finish with another drizzle of olive oil.
Source: Jamie Oliver