“Give this super-simple and delicious slushie a try – without all the added sugar and junk of a shop-bought fizzy drink, it’s a treat without all the nasties. ”
- 500 g strawberries
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- ice cubes
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon golden caster suger
- Pick the top leafy bits off the strawberries.
- Pick the mint leaves, discarding the stalk.
- Add the strawberries and mint leaves to a liquidiser along with 100g of ice cubes.
- On a chopping board, cut the lemon in half.
- Squeeze half the juice into the liquidiser, using your fingers to catch any pips.
- Add enough cold water to just cover the strawberries (roughly 350ml), pop the lid on and whiz until smooth.
- Fill a large jug halfway up with ice cubes.
- Taste the slushie and sweeten with a little sugar, if needed.
- Pour into the jug and stir with a wooden spoon.
Source: Jamie Oliver