“Wrapping the meat in prosciutto with apple and blue cheese really perks up the humble pork chop ”
- 12 slices quality prosciutto
- 4 higher-welfare pork chops , French trimmed and all fat removed
- 1 small red apple , cored and sliced
- 75 g Stilton cheese , crumbled
- 4 large rosemary sprigs , to skewer
- Wrapping the meat in prosciutto with apple and blue cheese really perks up the humble pork chop
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Lay out 3 slices of the prosciutto so they overlap. Repeat with the rest of the prosciutto so you have 4 piles.
- Put a frying pan over a high heat. Season the chops well with salt and pepper, then sear in the hot pan on both sides. Place a seared chop on top of each pile of prosciutto. Divide the sliced apple and Stilton between the prosciutto piles, on top of the pork.
- Wrap the prosciutto around each of the pork, apple and Stilton parcels to hold it all in place. Secure each with a rosemary sprig. Place the prosciutto parcels on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through. Serve with mashed potato and greens and cooking juices from the parcels.
Source: Jamie Oliver