“This vibrant, refreshing pud looks beautiful on the plate and is really simple to prepare. If you can’t get tangerines, use clementines or satsumas in their place. ”
- 20 g blanched almonds
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 teaspoon golden caster sugar
- 8 tangerines
- a few sprigs of fresh mint
- 50 g quality dark chocolate, (70%)
- Toast the almonds in a dry pan on a medium heat until golden, tossing occasionally, then tip into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Halve the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape out the seeds.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of water into a small pan on a high heat, add the sugar and the vanilla pod and seeds, then squeeze in the juice from 4 tangerines. Leave to tick away for 5 to 8 minutes, or until thickened and reduced to a syrup.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the remaining tangerines and arrange nicely on a serving platter.
- Roughly chop the toasted almonds and pick the mint leaves.
- Pour the syrup over the tangerines, then scatter over the almonds and mint leaves.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully scrape over a few shavings of chocolate, then serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver