“This simple bruschetta recipe is delicious and versatile – piled with beautiful veg you can’t go wrong ”
- ⅛ of a cedro lemon , (roughly 50g)
- 1 lemon
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint , leaves picked and finely chopped
- 50 g of rocket
- 1 fresh red chilli , finely sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 x 125 g ball buffalo mozzarella
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Very finely slice the cedro with a mandolin (use the guard!) and place in a large bowl along with the juice of the lemon. Add the mint, rocket and chilli, followed by a good lug of extra virgin olive oil and put to one side.
- Place a griddle pan over a high heat and toast the soughdough for around 3 to 4 minutes, or until nicely bar-marked and golden, turning halfway. Using tongs, remove the toasted sourdough to a serving board, then halve the garlic clove and rub all over one side of the bread. Drizzle over a little extra virgin olive oil, halve the tomatoes and rub into the bread, then tear over the mozzarella.
- Season the cedro salad to taste, then toss well to combine and pile onto the bruschetta. Serve right away.
Source: Jamie Oliver