“If you fancy a change from Christmas pudding this year, give these delicious, fruity sundaes a try. ”
- 75 g dried blueberries
- 75 g dried cranberries
- 100 ml limoncello , plus extra to serve
- 400 g mincemeat
- 300 ml double cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped candied peel
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 2 limes
- 2 clementines
- 1 litre quality vanilla ice cream
- 8 meringue nests
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- Soak the dried fruit in the limoncello for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the mincemeat into a pan and warm it up – keep stirring while it melts and smooths out a little. Take off the heat, add the soaked berries and limoncello, then leave to cool.
- Whip the double cream to soft peaks. Fold in the candied peel and ginger, then finely grate in the lime and clementine zest. Spike the cream with a few drops of the clementine juice.
- Scoop balls of ice cream into serving bowls and top each with a spoonful of the mincemeat mixture. Top with dollops of cream, then crumble over the meringue. Keep layering until all the bowls are full or you’ve used up all the ingredients.
- Pick and tear over the mint, then serve with a glass of ice-cold limoncello!
Source: Jamie Oliver