“Gorgeous fruit, gooey chocolate sauce and crunchy biscuits – you’ll love this naughty little number ”
- 250 g strawberries , hulled and halved
- 150 g raspberries
- 150 g blueberries
- 10 crunchy amaretti biscuits
- 100 ml red wine
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 5 tablespoons double cream
- 100 g good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids) , broken into pieces
- Place the fruit in a large bowl and mix together. Crumble in the amaretti biscuits. Place in the freezer for about 1 to 1½ hours, so they half-freeze.
- Pour the wine into a small saucepan and add the cinnamon stick, star anise and sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer until reduced slightly. Fish out the cinnamon and star anise and pour in the cream. Bring slowly back to boil, then add the chocolate, stirring all the time so it melts into the sauce. When the sauce is smooth, take off the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Take the bowl of fruit out of the freezer and toss it so any bits sticking together come apart. Divide between 4 glasses or bowls, pour the spiced chocolate sauce over the top and serve immediately.
Source: Jamie Oliver