“A kinda cross between a sorbet and ice cream recipe, this zingy sherbet is lovely with fresh fruit ”
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 100 ml elderflower cordial
- 100 g mascarpone
- raspberries , to serve
- Place a large earthenware or metal container into the freezer to chill.
- Peel and core the pineapple, then cut into rough chunks.
- Whiz the pineapple and mint to a smooth purée in a food processor. Add the cordial and mascarpone and whiz to combine. Pour into the chilled container and return to the freezer.
- Mix the sherbet up with a fork every 30 minutes to aerate it, and keep it in the freezer until frozen through. This should take 2 to 3 hours, depending on your freezer and the depth of the container you use.
- Serve with fresh raspberries.
Source: Jamie Oliver