“One of the easiest trifle recipes ever! Use clear glasses so guests can see all the lovely layers ”
- 2 handfuls strawberries , plus extra to decorate
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar or caster sugar
- 125 ml double cream
- 125 ml fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 vanilla pod , split
- 8 little rum babas or madeleines soaked in Limoncello
- 400 g thick custard
- fresh mint leaves , to decorate
- First, de-stalk your strawberries and place them in a pan with the sugar. Heat gently until the strawberries stew down slightly and some of their juices come out.
- Lightly whip the cream with the seeds from the vanilla pod, and then stir in the yoghurt.
- Divide the rum babas or madeleines between 4 dessert glasses and spoon the strawberries, cream and custard in layers on top. Decorate with halved strawberries and mint leaves, then serve.
Source: Jamie Oliver