“These lollies with fresh and frozen fruit, oats, juice and chocolate are perfect for the holidays ”
- 1 large banana , or 2 small bananas
- 300 g frozen mixed berries
- 50 g porridge oats
- 400 ml pure organic apple juice
- honey , optional
- 200 g good-quality white chocolate , broken up, optional
- Place the bananas, berries, oats and apple juice in a liquidizer. Blitz for a few minutes until the berries and banana are completely smooth and the porridge oats are whizzed up. Taste for sweetness – if the bananas are lovely and ripe the mixture should be sweet enough, if not, add honey to taste. Divide the smoothie mixture into 12 ice-lolly moulds and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- To give the lollies a chocolate coating, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a small pan of simmering water. Make sure the water isn’t boiling and the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water, or you will burn the chocolate. Stir until completely smooth, then take off the heat and leave for 5 minutes.
- Wiggle the lolly sticks to loosen the lollies and lift them out. One by one, dip the tips of the lollies in the white chocolate and leave to set for a few minutes before serving.
- A fun, pretty way to serve these lollies is to cover some flower-arranging oasis with fresh flowers, tinfoil or coloured tissue paper, and stick the lollies in. For an extra-special entrance, pop in a few sparklers – but be careful!
Source: Jamie Oliver